Ok…..Is the Resort Credit $1500, $2500 or just $500?
We get more questions on the Palace Resorts ‘Resort Credits’ program – than on anything else
Here is the Skinny about how it is handled.
To Clarify – it’s Per Room, not Per Person.
– 3 Nights: $500
– 4 Nights: $750
– 5-8 Nights: $1800
– 9-11 Nights: $2000
– 12+ Nights: $2500
The Key Points:
The value of one (1) Resort Credit is the equivalent of $1.00.
See below for what you can do with your Resort Credits.
At checkout – you pay a 16% tax on the value of the Resort Credits that you use. (You can’t use the Resort Credit to pay the tax)
Resort Credit reservations are based on availability. You are not guaranteed anything.
If you use your Resort Credits for ‘Unlimited Golf’ you have to use it all.
If you pay a little extra, you can get your Resort Credits and Unlimited Golf too.
Reservations are required to use your Resort Credits and things fill up fast.
Have patience. The staff making your reservations are very busy. (consider a small tip)
DON’T ‘No Show’. You will be charged the full face value (and pay 16% tax on it)
Resort Credits have no cash value. If you don’t use them, you lose them.
The Good News:
You now get more Resort Credits for a 5-8 Night stay. $300 more.
No limits on how much of the Resort Credits can be used for one thing.
It’s available at all the Palace Resorts properties.
What can you spend your Resort Credits on?
- Up to $500 worth of Spa treatments (unless currently running promotions allow for more)
- Beauty salon services
- Golf (and if you’re hardcore try ‘Unlimited Golf’)
- Lessons at the Nicklaus Golf Academy
- Tours (see your Tour Options at the bottom)
- Special dinners (private beachfront too)
- Upgraded wine
- Photo package
Do this 1st:
- Print this and decide what you want to do before you go – or decide on the flight.
- Have flexible dates or a backup option in case your 1st request is full.
- At check-in, be sure your Resort Credit has been applied to your room.
- If you arrive before your room is ready, leave your bags with the bellman, grab a drink and head to the Vacation Planners desk to make your reservations.
- If your room is ready…drop everything in your room (put your valuables in the safe), grab a drink and then head down to the Vacation Planners desk.
- DON’T leave this to the last minute. You may not get what you want, leaving you cranky and frustrated. Not what you want on your vacation.
- Blackout Dates: None
- Room Category Restrictions: None
- Minimum Stay Required: 3 nights
- Reservations are required for using your Resort Credits
- And reservations are based on availability. You are not guaranteed anything.
- You make your reservations with Vacation Planners of Palace Resorts only. Avoid the airport pitchmen
- You can’t transfer, accumulate, buy someone else’s or hold over Resort Credits for future stays.
- There is a 16% tax for all used Resort Credit’s. This will be billed at check-out.
- Resort Credit is based on per room/per stay based on the amount of nights you are there.
- Resort Credit cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Weddings Policy:
- When using Resort Credit towards Weddings:
- Wedding collections must have a price value of $3,000 or higher.
- The full amount must be used.
- Maximum amount that can be used is $1,800.
- Golf Policy:
- Service fees apply to Unlimited Golf.
- Children ages 13-17 must be booked as adults to receive the golf package.
- Tee times are subject to space and availability.
- Golf package includes unlimited rounds of golf per adult/per stay.
- All adults sharing the same room must pay the golf package rate. It cannot be sold separately.
- Additional restrictions may apply
- No Show Policy: No refunds – and no shows are charged (and taxed) at full price.
Suggested Tour Options:
– In Punta Cana:
- Take a tour of the Dominican countryside. See a sugarcane plantation and see how cigars are made, visit a school, and see a typical house ($109/pp. Add zipline for $72)
- Or perhaps you like horseback riding on the beach ($89/pp)
- Snorkeling or swimming with the sharks and sting rays ($149/pp)
- A cool catamaran ride ($250/pp)
- Moon rocking (ATV tour) $230/per vehicle
- Or even zorbing ($59/pp)…which is running around on top of the water’s surface inside a giant plastic ball (This is hilarious to watch).
– In Mexico:
The Cancun/Riviera Maya area is known for it’s great historical landmarks.
- Chichen-Itza ($120/per adult $67/per child) and Tulum ($100/per adult and $67/per child) are great to visit the Mayan Ruins and learn about all the culture and history.
- Or, you can do the dolphin swim ($129/pp),
- Zip line ($80/pp),
- Tour around the island ($60/pp)
- Or take a cool Paradise Island Snorkel Adventure ($80/pp).
As you can see, the prices aren’t inflated to suck up all your resort credit. They are listed at what you would normally pay for these tours so you get a good value.
I know there is a lot here to figure out.
Call, or email, me and I will give you some suggestions.
I do this all day long, every day and know how to get you what you want.
Alma and/or Kelly
the Palace Resorts Experts
Call 800-494-1490 anytime