Why Go To: Palafitos at El Dorado Maroma
The first of it’s kind in Mexico, these truly opulent overwater bungalows are designed to provide the utmost in luxury and romance, and can be found in one of the most beautiful locations in Riviera Maya — Maroma Beach.
With its buttery-soft white-sand beach and sparkling blue water, Maroma Beach has few rivals in the Caribbean for pure beauty, and El Dorado Resorts has few rivals when it comes to providing a superior experience.
The Palafitos at El Dorado Maroma also features an exclusive Spa for Palafitos guests only, along with an exclusive grill and wine bar, both also over the water, and exclusive beach beds for those who want to wiggle their toes in the incomparable sand.
Fun Things To Do:
- Cuddle up in the (exclusive) beach bed and enjoy the butler service
- Jump from your private little dock into the ocean
- Climb up your private ladder and do it again!
All rooms/suites feature these standard amenities, additional amenities and features per room type are shown in the room type descriptions below.
- Glass-bottom floor
- Private infinity pool
- Direct ladder access to the ocean
- The romantic "Aguas del Amor" outdoor shower
- Indoor Jacuzzi for two
- Oversized deck with wooden lounge chairs
- Cable TV/Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Separate sitting and dining area
- Ceiling fan
- Air conditioning/Climate control
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary bottled water
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- DVD player
- Flat-panel TV
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Complimentary newspaper
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Rooms: (30 Bungalows)
- Palafitos Overwater Bungalow - These incredible over-water bungalows feature a king bed, glass floors, ladder for ocean access, outdoor shower, romantic Jacuzzi for two, private infinity pool and oversized deck with lounge chairs, reading material and blankets. Max Occupancy: 2 Adults
- Elite Palafitos Overwater Bungalow - These preferred-location, over-water bungalows feature a king bed, glass floors, ladder for ocean access, outdoor shower, romantic Jacuzzi for two, private infinity pool, selection of premium liquors and snacks, snorkel equipment and oversized deck with lounge chairs, reading material and blankets. Guests staying 5 nights or more can enjoy a moonlit dinner in the comfort of their private terrace. Max Occupancy: 2 Adults
- Papitos Gourmet Beach Club – No Reservations. Interactive open kitchen designed with themed lunch menu. Breakfast 7:00 am – 11:00 am. Themed lunch 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm.
- Sabores – No Reservations. Fresh Mexican and Caribbean dishes. Breakfast 7:00 am – 11:00 am. Pizza 11:00 am – 4:00 pm. Lunch 12:00 pm – 5:30 pm. Dinner 5:30 pm – 10:00 pm.
- Kiyoko – No Reservations. Asian inspired with private table for two or tepanyaki for everyone. Dinner 5:30 pm – 10:00 pm.
- Mio Cuccina Italiana – No Reservations. Romantic Italian dishes. Dinner 5:30 pm – 10:00 pm.
- Lima Limon – No Reservations. Peruvian cuisine. Dinner 5:30 pm – 10:00 pm.
- Chakay – No Reservations. International cuisine. Breakfast 7:00 am - 12:00 pm, Lunch 12:00 pm - 5:30 pm, Dinner 5:30 pm – 10:00 pm.
- Caribbean Grill – No Reservations. Mexican/Caribbean cuisine. Dinner 5:30 pm – 10:00 pm. PLUS
- 24 Hours Room Service - Restrictions apply during rainy days.
- NOTE: Resort Dress Code, required in all restaurants:
- Ladies: Capri Pants, Dresses, Skirts, Long Pants, Shoes or Dress Sandals
- Men: Formal Bermuda Shorts, Long Pants, Collared Shirts, Dress Sandals or Casual Shoes
- Not Permitted: Swim trunks, bikinis, swimsuits, tank tops, sleeveless shirts, sport shorts, baseball caps or hats.
The Palafitos Overwater Bungalows has an exclusive overwater restaurant available to Palafitos guests only, which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner and is equipped with a glass floor private dining room.
In addition, Palafitos guests may enjoy all of the other restaurants at El Dorado Maroma:
In addition, Palafitos guests may enjoy all of the other bars at El Dorado Maroma:
- Bar 24 – Swim Up Bar
- Chakay - Swim Up Bar
- Sabores Terrace – Oceanfront Bar
- Rick's Bar
- Disco Nights
- Live Shows
- Poolside Singers
- DJ Music Show and Dancing
- Sunset Cruise with music
- Downtown Clubbing
- Live Bands
- Air Rifle Shooting
- Bocce Ball
- Cooking Classes
- Latin Dance Lessons
- Mini Golf
- Ping Pong Pool
- Spanish Lessons
- Tennis Lessons
- Tequila Tasting
- Meditation/Relaxation/Yoga Classes
- Water Aerobics
- Scuba diving trips, certificates, rental equipment and deep-sea fishing available at Marina Adventures (located next door) ($)
- Motorized watersports: Available at Marina Adventures (located next door) ($)
Naay Spa - open daily
Additionally, Palafitos guests may enjoy the Naay Spa located just steps away at El Dorado Maroma.
Facilities and services include:
- Steam Room
- Spa Treatment Rooms (just a few), offering a variety of massages, facials, scrubs, and body wraps
- Outdoor Sky Massage (for couples too)
- Fitness Center (small but with state-of-the-art equipment)
- Boutique Spa Shop
- Full Service Salon
- Manicures and Pedicures
- Aerobics (aqua)
- Bar (swim-up)
- Beauty Salon ($)
- Boat Rentals ($)
- Currency Exchange ($)
- Doctor (on call) ($)
- Exercise Classes
- Fitness Center
- Gift Shop ($)
- Golf (nearby) ($)
- Hospitality Desk
- Internet Service ($)
- Laundry Service ($)
- Medical Services ($)
- Multilingual Staff
- Ping Pong
- Pools (outdoor) (3)
- Poolside Beverage Service
- Poolside Meal Service
- Restaurants (7)
- Safe Deposit Boxes (in room)
- Snack Bar
- Spa ($)
- Steam Bath
- Tour Desk ($)
- Tours & Excursions $ ($)
- Valet Service
- Volleyball (beach)
- Watersports (non-motorized)
- Wedding Coordinator
- Wedding Site
Groups & Events:
- The Palafitos at El Dorado Maroma are designed more for romance than business, but has adequate space for adults-only weddings and celebrations. Book your wedding and you can block out all the Palafitos Overwater Bungalows for your wedding party and family, or consider Villa Maroma, which has a capacity for 10 adults, making it ideal for small executive retreats or adults-only family gatherings.
- Palafitos at El Dorado Maroma is 40 minutes from Cancun Airport.
- Ground transport is waiting outside the airport exit. If you do not see your ride just stop by the Transportation Kiosk and you will be guided to your transportation.
- All guests have the option of paying for alternate transportation to the Resort
The Fine Print:
- Check in: 3:00pm / Checkout: 12:00pm
- Adults-Only resort - minimum age for guests is 18
- No Pets or Service Animals allowed
- Photo ID and Credit Card or Cash Deposit Required at check-in for incidental charges
- Special Requests are based on availability and are not guaranteed