Why Go To: Hotel Xcaret Mexico
This Resort is freakin’ amazing. We just returned from 3 days of exploring every inch of the Hotel Xcaret Mexico. Open since December 2017, the service, food and staff run like a well oiled machine. There is a reason for that. The group that built the resort (on the beach at Xcaret Park) have been running parks in Riviera Maya for over 30 years. They had a large group of people to pick from when choosing the team for the hotel.
No expense was spared in building this new and stunning resort into the surrounding cenotes and jungle. The Hotel Xcaret sets a new standard for beauty and luxury.
Building a hotel that has both a family and an adult section is very hard. But they pulled it off. The adult section, Casa Fuego, (which is Building C on the property map) is separated from the resort and has its own roof top bar and pool that overlooks the entire area. When you look at a map of the property (looking in from the ocean), the area to the lower right has its own beach with a group of hammocks to swing in. It is away from the pool action and is quiet and relaxing. (if you want a detailed .pdf of the property map just ask and we will email it to you)
Don’t even try to get bored.
Their 8 parks, 4 of which are on the property (Xcaret, Xplor, Xplor Fuego,and Xenses) offer an unbeatable value – since they are all FREE with unlimited access. And FREE luxury buses take you to Xoximilco (an absolute blast), or Xel-Há with a side trip to the Tulum ruins, Xenotes and Xichén tours. They have something for everyone. Especially those hard to please teenagers.
Their construction team did an amazing job integrating the resort into the surrounding rivers, cenotes, sea, and jungle. Hotel Xcaret Mexico earned a Gold Certification from EarthCheck in Planning and Design making every room in this all-suites resort not just eco-friendly – but an artistic adventure featuring locally hand-crafted furnishings and artwork that are both stylish and comfortable.
And with 900 suites it can accommodate the needs of many while seeming uncrowded (even at full occupancy!) due to people off visiting their parks:
Fun Things To Do:
- The parks. Seriously, with unlimited access included, everyone will find something they love, whether it's the water slides or the zip-lines, swimming with sharks, dolphins or sea turtles (and much more!)....a week is almost inadequate to do it all.
- The evening show at Xcaret (park) is not to be missed....an amazing performance that tells the story of Mexico's history and vibrant culture.
- Explore the lagoons and rivers on the hotel property, either with snorkeling gear or a kayak.
- Dinner in Las Cuevas (The Caves) restaurant, a brazilian-style concept (where they bring numerous courses of meats and seafoods to your table) in a beautifully romantic setting inside the natural limestone caves.
All rooms/suites feature these standard amenities, additional amenities and features per room type are shown in the room type descriptions below.
- 300 thread-count Egyptian cotton bed linen
- Synthetic feather duvet, supporting sustainability
- Synthetic feather and gel pillows
- Bathrobes and slippers
- In-room jacuzzi
- Steam iron and ironing board
- Free WiFi
- 55-inch HD flat-screen TV
- Balcony with Mexican traditional hammocks (relaxing and reading area)
- Nespresso coffee machine
- "Café Punta del Cielo" 100% mexican coffee capsules
- Minibar (water, sodas, juice, beer, and snacks)
- Beach tote
- Digital safe - laptop size with charging plug inside
Note that some room categories include private transfers, private check-in/out, private yoga classes, spa treatments, and more - please read each room category below for details.
- Suite Garden View - Garden view. 1 King bed or 2 doubles, plus a sofabed. Max occupancy: 4 guests (2 adults and 2 kids or 3 Adults).
- Suite River View - River view. 1 King bed or 2 doubles, plus a sofabed. Max occupancy: 4 guests (2 adults and 2 kids or 3 Adults).
- Suite Ocean View - Ocean front view. 1 King bed or 2 doubles, plus a sofabed. Max occupancy: 4 guests (2 adults and 2 kids or 3 Adults).
- Suite Ocean Front Family - Ocean front view. 1 King bed or 2 doubles, plus a sofabed. Max occupancy: 4 guests (2 adults and 2 kids or 3 Adults).
- Suite Ocean Front Adultos - Ocean front view. 1 King bed plus a sofabed. Includes private check-in and lounge, Hydrotherapy circuit access. Max occupancy: 3 Adults.
- Suite River Spa - River view, adults only. 1 King bed plus a sofabed. Includes Hydrotherapy circuit access, private yoga classes. Max occupancy: 3 Adults.
- Suite Garden Spa - Garden view, adults only. 1 King bed plus a sofabed. Includes Hydrotherapy circuit access, private yoga classes. Max occupancy: 3 Adults.
- Suite River Adultos - Garden view, adults only. 1 King bed plus a sofabed. Includes Hydrotherapy circuit access, private yoga classes. Max occupancy: 3 Adults.
- Junior Suite - Garden or River view. 1 King bed or 2 doubles, plus a sofabed. Includes private check in and may include additional benefits at the time of booking. Max occupancy: 4 guests (2 adults and 2 kids or 3 Adults).
- Junior Suite Adultos - Junior Suite Adults - Ocean front view. King bed or 2 doubles, plus a sofabed. May include additional benefits at the time of booking. Max occupancy: 3 Adults.
- Junior Suite Spa - River view, adults only. 1 King bed plus a sofabed. May include additional benefits at the time of booking. Max occupancy: 3 Adults.
- Swim Up Garden - Garden view. 1 King bed or 2 doubles, plus a sofabed and direct access to the pool from your terrace. Max occupancy: 4 guests (2 adults and 2 kids or 3 Adults).
- Swim Up Ocean Front - Ocean front view, adults only. 1 King bed plus a sofabed and direct access to the pool from your terrace. Includes private check-in and lounge, Hydrotherapy circuit access, and may include additional benefits at the time of booking. Max occupancy: 3 Adults.
- Family Master Suite - Ocean Front View, huge 2476 sq. feet of space, 2 Bedroom Suite (a King Bed in one and 2 Doubles in the other), plus a sofabed in the main room. Includes private round-trip transfers from/to airport. Max Occupancy: 5 guests.
- Master Suite Family - Yes, similar name as above, it's a smaller space but offers many more inclusions. Ocean Front View, 1376 sq. feet of space, 2 Bedroom Suite (a King Bed in one and 2 Doubles in the other), plus a sofabed in the main room. Includes private pick up from airport and may include additional benefits at the time of booking. Max Occupancy: 5 guests but no more than 3 adults (3 adults and 2 children| 2 adults and 3 children | 1 adult and 4 children).
- La Trajinera - Poolside a la carte restaurant offering Caribbean-inspired dishes, primarily seafood specialties. Breakfast 07:00am to 11:00am / Lunch 12:00pm to 6:00pm / Dinner 6:00pm to 11:00pm. Located at the Infinity Pool, all outdoor (but covered) seating. Dress code: Casual.
- Cantina Los Faroles - Traditional Mexican cuisine (a la carte) as well as a variety of Tequila and Mezcal drinks. Dinner from 6:30pm to 11:00pm / After dinner from 11:00pm to 2:00am. Located at the Main building (Casa Grande). Dress code: Casual.
- Mercado - Main buffet restaurant featuring an extensive array of Mexican and International cuisines, indoor (air-conditioned) or outdoor patio seating. Breakfast 06:30am to 12:00pm / Lunch 1:00pm to 5:00pm / Dinner 6:00pm to 11:00pm. Located at the Main building (Casa Grande) below the main Lobby.
- Chibali - Kid-centric Buffet style restaurant with "themed" tidbit stations and snack bars, ideal for children to dine and be entertained. Breakfast 07:00am to 12:00pm / Lunch 12:00pm to 5:00pm / Dinner 6:00pm to 11:00pm. Located at Casa Viento, next to the Kids club.
- Teatro del Rio* - Dinner theatre with fixed menu (tasting menu, meaning small portions) followed by a stage show. Open for dinner only 7:00pm to 11:00pm. *Reservation required.
- Xin-Gao Restaurant - Asian a la carte cuisine as well as teppanyaki and a sushi bar. Open for dinner only from 6:00pm to 11:00pm. Located at the Main building (Casa Grande) below the main Lobby. Reservation required only for Teppanyaki tables.
- Fuego Restaurant - A la carte adults-only restaurant exclusive for Casa Fuego guests (the adults-only section). Indoor (air-conditioned) or outdoor patio seating. Breakfast 07:00am to 11:30am / Lunch 12:30pm to 5:00pm / Dinner 6:00pm to 11:00pm. Reservation required only for dinner.
- Las Playas - Beach Grill & Bar, a la carte salads and grilled specialties in a casual setting. Located in the Coves (lagoon) area just in front of the Infinity pool. Open from 11:00am to 11:00pm. Exclusive for guests at Casa Fuego, Casa Tierra and Casa Agua.
- Las Cuevas - Unique dinner-only restaurant as well as a wine bar and a cigar bar, set in a gallery of caves carved out of the peninsula rock. Features a large buffet/salad bar in the center stocked with fresh salad items as well as hot dishes, fresh-baked breads, and a desert bar, then the waiters continually pass through with an extensive variety of grilled meats and seafoods to offer you. Open seasonally and for special events.
- HA' Restaurant** - Contemporary Mexican cuisine in an intimate and chic atmosphere, open for dinner only. ** This adults-only restaurant is not part of the all-inclusive, it is additional cost. Also, reservations are required.
- Lobby Bar
- Pool Bar
- Trajinera Swim Up Bar
- Cantina Los Faroles
- Rooftop Bar Fuego
- Wellness / Spa Bar
- Nightly stage show at the Teatro del Rio Dinner theater with fixed menu followed by a Broadway style review that is family-friendly. Reservation required.
Additionally there are other stage shows scheduled at the included Parks (Xcaret and Xplor) as well as Xoximilco, a nighttime floating Mexican fiesta that showcases regional cuisine, drinks galore, and Mariachi music all while traversing rivers on a human-powered gondola.
- tennis courts
- fitness classes, including yoga and tai chi
- functional training circuit amidst the jungle
- In addition to the numerous water adventures found at the (included) Parks there are on-site water activities such as:
- stand-up paddle boarding
- water aerobics
- motorized water sports such as jet skis are available at additional cost
- Muluk Spa at Hotel Xcaret is built into the caves and rivers that surround the property. With 15 private caves (including one for couples) the offer a wide selection of face and body treatments. You can hang out in a large hydrotherapy area, a traditional temazcal, a co-ed 'quiet area', separate men's and women's facilities , a full-service beauty salon and a bridal preparation area.
- Pre-arrival personal experience designer
- Complimentary Airport - Hotel – Airport Shuttle every 30 minutes
- Unlimited access to Theme Parks: Xcaret, Xplor, Xplor Fuego, Xenses, Xoximilco and Xel-Há, as well as Tours to Xenotes and Xichén, with round-trip transportation included
- Pool concierge service
- Concierge service
- River activities (Kayak, paddle board and snorkel)
- Yoga, tai chi and meditation classes
- Coves and rivers
- 2 fitness centers
- Outdoor circuit training
- Tennis courts
- Paddle courts
- Computer and printer service
- Turndown service
- 24-hr in-room dining
- Ironing service for two items per night
- Early and Late Check out ($)
- Pay per view ($)
- Muluk Spa & Wellness ($)
- Private pick up ($)
- Travel agency ($)
- Car rental ($)
- Dream activities in the parks ($)
- Laundry Service ($)
- Restaurante Há ($)
Groups & Events:
- Hotel Xcaret offers numerous event locations that vary from an impressive Convention Center and a Mexican Hacienda to ballrooms and multifunction spaces, private beaches and an event room located in the pyramid construction, inspired by ancient Mayan structures.
There are also unparalleled outdoor facilities - including the Parks and Attractions (Xcaret, Xel-Há, Xplor, Xplor Fuego, Xoximilco, Xenses, Xenotes and Xichén) - that are perfect for team building and incentive activities, cultural tours, or simply as the settings for a closing event that will assure the success of your convention, meeting, or other group event.
Hotel Xcaret has a highly experienced team of meeting and event experts who will look after every detail to perfection making sure that yours will be an event to remember.
- Hotel Xcaret is only 60 minutes south from Cancun International airport so getting there is quick and easy.
- After you exit customs and come out the double glass doors, walk all the way down the air conditioned hallway. You will see tons of greeters with smiling faces, but don’t be fooled…they all want to sell you a time share. These are not the greeters you want. Simply nod and keep walking all the way down the hall to the next set of double glass doors that will take you outside to the ground transportation area. From here, you will look for Hotel Xcaret transportation that will take you to the resort.
The Fine Print:
- Checkin: 3:00p - Checkout: 12:00p (noon)
- Photo ID and a credit card or cash deposit at check-in for incidental charges
- Pets are not allowed
- WiFi is free and available in all areas
- Special requests are based on availability and cannot be guaranteed.