Why Go To: Majestic Colonial Punta Cana
The Majestic Colonial Punta Cana is part of the Majestic Resorts Complex, which encompasses three resorts: Majestic Colonial Punta Cana (this resort) as well as Majestic Elegance Punta Cana, and Majestic Mirage Punta Cana (the latter is an all-suites resort).
All three are located on the beach at Playa Bavaro, one of the most beautiful beaches in the Dominican Republic. Shared facilities such as the Fitness Club, Majestic Spa, Conference Center (and an amazing kids club called “Splash”) are all located in a common area known as the “Caribbean Street” (an adorable and authentic on-property village and shopping area) which is only a few minutes walk from the resort’s lobby.
And while all three are family-friendly resorts, they’ve each created carefully planned adult-only areas and amenities so you won’t sacrifice the romance and relaxing ambience that can sometimes be missing from giant family resorts.
All rooms/suites feature these standard amenities, additional amenities and features per room type are shown in the room type descriptions below.
- All rooms are furnished with quality materials and with all the facilities you would expect in a 5 star resort.
- King size beds or two double size beds* depending on the room category (*Extra single beds may be placed in all room categories as required due to the occupancy sold (maximum of two).)
- complete bathroom with Jacuzzi
- independent walk in shower
- hair dryer
- air conditioning and ceiling fan
- Satellite TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- mini bar re-stocked daily
- bottle of champagne upon arrival
- safety deposit box
- coffee machine
- working desk
- iron and ironing board
- and a nice terrace or balcony with chairs.
Colonial Club Guest enjoy the following additional amenities:
- Two private swimming pools with Bali Beds
- Private beach area with Bali beds
- Complimentary late check out (based on availability)
- Exclusive access to Le Gourmet Restaurant for breakfast and lunch a la carte service.
- Room service included 24 hours
- In room bar with our selection of 4 bottles of liqueur per stay (vodka, whiskey cream, rum, whiskey). One per stay.
- Bottle of champagne in room upon arrival. One per stay.
- Two private swim up bars
- Butler service during your stay
- Surprise gift in room
- In room beach towels
- Pillow menu
- Aromatherapy for pillows
- Robes and slippers in room
- Bath Kit
- Majestic Touch during the stay
- Nespresso Machine in Superior rooms
- A spectacular VIP lounge with business centre, Free Wi-Fi, Hors d ́oeuvres, refreshments, alcoholic beverages and personalized concierge among other services will also be available to these clients.
- Private and personalized check in/out will be done at a private area located in the upper lobby. Each guest will be introduced to their Butler upon arrival who will then escort them to their room while presenting the property and its services along the way!
- Jr. Suite with Jacuzzi - Garden or pool view, with 1 king or 2 double beds, indoor Jacuzzi and lounge bed. Maximum Occupancy 4 (2AD+2CH or 3AD+1CH)
- Majestic Jr Suite Swim Up - Located on the first floor with both indoor & outdoor Jacuzzi lounge bed, a small garden, and direct access to the swimming pool. Maximum Occupancy 2, (2AD or 1AD+1CH).
- Jr. Suite Ocean View with Jacuzzi - Same as Junior Suite Standard but with an ocean view, either frontal or lateral, located on all floors. Has indoor Jacuzzi and either 1 King bed or 2 Queen beds. Maximum occupancy 4 (2AD2CH/3AD1CH/4AD)
- Colonial Jr. Suite Oceanfront w/Jacuzzi - Located on 3rd floor, ocean front, with 1 King bed, a large terrace and both indoor & outdoor Jacuzzi. Maximum occupancy 4 (2AD2CH/3Ad1CH/4AD)
- One Bedroom Suite with Jacuzzi - Located on 4th floor, with 1 King bed, pool view, bedroom separated with sliding doors. Maximum occupancy 4, (2AD2CH/3AD1CH/4AD)
- Colonial Club Jr. Suite w/Jacuzzi - In the adults-only section (18+ and up). Garden or pool view, located on all floors, with 1 king or 2 queen, indoor Jacuzzi. Maximum Occupancy 4 adults .
- Colonial Club Majestic Jr. Suite Swim up - In the adults-only section (18+ and up). Located on the first floor with 1 King bed, both indoor & outdoor Jacuzzi, direct access to the swimming pool and a small garden. Maximum Occupancy 2 adults.
- Colonial Club Jr. Suite Ocean View w/Jacuzzi - In the adults-only section (18+ and up). Same as Junior Suite Standard but with an ocean view, either frontal or lateral, located on all floors. Has indoor Jacuzzi and either 1 King bed or 2 Queen beds. Maximum occupancy 2 adults.
- Colonial Club Colonial Jr. Ste Oceanfront w/Jacuzzi - In the adults-only section (18+ and up). Located on 3rd floor, ocean front. Is a junior suite with 1 King bed, a large terrace and both indoor & outdoor Jacuzzi. Maximum Occupancy 2 adults.
- Colonial Club One Bedroom Suite w/Jacuzzi - In the adults-only section (18+ and up). Located on 4th floor, garden or pool view, with 1 King bed, bedroom separated with sliding doors. Maximum Occupancy 4 adults.
- Reservations are required only at Le Gourmet, and at Ma+suri for the Teppanyaki tables.
- Supreme - The Main Buffet restaurant offering International food with several show cooking areas. Open for Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Restaurant with air conditioned. Dress code applies.
- La Hispaniola - Beach front restaurant with beautiful views to the sea, its open for Continental Breakfast from 9:30am to 12:00noon, Lunch as a buffet from 12:30pm to 3:30pm and Snacks from 3:30pm to 6:00pm. Restaurant transforms at night giving us two different options for dinner:
- the Rodeo Grill - Steakhouse restaurant with fine cuts of imported meat. Open air restaurant and
- Tres Carabellas - Specializing in Seafood and fish. Open air restaurant.
- Ma+suri - Oriental restaurant offering two different options for dinner: The Teppanyaki (reservation required) 7 sittings per night and maximum of 12 people per Teppanyaki table, and a sushi bar, oriental food and desserts. (No reservation required for the Sushi Bar). Dress code applies.
- Le Gourmet - Selections of gourmet dishes specialties. Open for dinner, only for adults (and teens12+, no children younger than 12 allowed). Reservations required and dress code applies. Please note - exclusive for the Majestic Colonial Club Guest (adults only 18+) Le Gourmet offers a la carte breakfast and lunch.
- Taino - Caribbean style restaurant open for dinner from 6:30pm to 12:00midnight. No reservation required.
- Please note that while room service is available from 7am to 11pm, it's only *included* (complimentary) in certain room categories. From 11pm to 7am there is an additional charge for delivery in all room categories, and in some room categories the delivery charge applies 24x7. Please check carefully when booking if you're a room-service aficionado.
- In addition to those located inside of various restaurants, at Majestic Colonial Punta Cana you'll also find:
- Piano Bar - Upper lobby bar, open 9am - midnight
- Lobby Bar - Lower lobby bar, open 5pm to 1am
- Parrots Bar - Located at the Main Pool (but not in the pool as the swimup bar is), open 9am - 6pm
- Swimup Bar - Located in the Main Pool, open 9am - 6pm
- Beach Bar - Located on the beach, open 10am - 11pm
- Bar Plaza - (yeah, this one seems like it was named backwards, right?) Located on the Main Plaza, open 6:00pm - midnight
- Disco COCOS - Located next door at the Majestic Elegance Punta Cana, open 11:00pm to 4am
- Sports Bar - Located on the Caribbean Street, open 6:30pm to 7am
- Theatre Bar - Located on the Caribbean Street, open 10pm to midnight (after the evening show)
- Casino Bar - Located at the Casino on the Caribbean Street, open 10:00pm to 3am
- Swimup Bar - Located in the Colonial Club Pool, open 9am - 6pm
- Beach Bar - Located in the Colonial Club private beach area, open 9am - 6pm
- There is a Theatre for evening shows and entertainment, in addition to a variety of resort-wide entertainment including live music at various locales around the resort and a daily schedule of fun activities.
- The rounds of golf are included at the Punta Blanca Golf course designed by Nick Price, located 5 minutes by golf car from the entrance to the hotel.
- Driving range balls are included.
- Pick up and drop of at the lobby of hotel included.
- Golf cart is mandatory and is not included, approximate rate is $45.00 USD per person.
- Rental Clubs available. ($)
- Green fees must be booked on individual basis, and are not applicable to groups for tournaments or scrambles.
- Green fees are not transferable between guests, minimum 5 night stay required per adult to qualify fee per guest staying family sections and 2 Green fees for Guests of the Colonial Club.
Majestic Colonial Punta Cana features a large and modern fitness facility with cardiovascular equipment and weights, plasma TVs, showers, music and air conditioning. The gym is supervised by qualified employees, and there is a daily schedule of spinning, stretching, yoga, pilates, and Latin dance classes among other activities (please check each day's schedule for what/when). Children under 16 are not allowed in the gym, and children 16-18 must be accompanied by an adult.
If you're a golfer, you're in luck! Majestic Colonial Punta Cana includes greens fees as follows: 1 Green Fee per adult per 5 night stay at Family section / 2 Green fees per adult per 5 nights stay at the Colonial Club adults-only section.
- The Water Sports Center is located at the beach, and the following non-motorized water sports are included complimentary: windsurfing, catamarans, snorkel equipment, kayaks, and boogie boards.
- Scuba diving lessons are offered in the swimming pool.
- In addition, other water activities (such as scuba diving) and motorized water sports (such as jet skis) are available at an additional cost.
- For those guests looking for a sanctuary, the magnificent SPA offers a relaxing atmosphere and a mix of body and health treatments.($)
- The spa is one of the most complete spas in Punta Cana offering 3 specific areas of enjoyment:
- The massages area: with a beautiful fountain and lush gardens surrounded by 10 massage rooms with different massages and views to the pool. The “VIP Room” is a double size room with its own independent shower, Jacuzzi and Sauna, making it ideal for couples.
- The humid area: with 8 different showers, from ice cold to tropical, Swedish, and flavored showers. Two sauna and two Turkish baths an Ice fountain for facial refreshment and a huge Jacuzzi with warm and cold areas.
- The beauty parlor: offering hair dressing, manicures, pedicures and facial treatments.
- Cold towel and welcome drink upon arrival.
- Free WI-FI throughout the entire resort.
- ESTEYSI - direct communication with our inside team (Virtual Concierge) with your Smartphone, Tablet or Computer.
- Spacious Junior Suites with indoor Jacuzzi and walk in showers in each room
- Free mini bar: beer, sodas, water, snack, re-stocked daily
- Coffee Machine in room, and Nespresso Machines in all Superior Rooms
- Safe deposit box, free of charge.
- 11 bars located in different areas of the hotel with a selection of premium beverages included in some bars, offering various hours of operation.
- 3 Additional bars for Colonial Club Clients
- Free entrance to the Sports bar (drinks and food included), as well as the Discothèque (Coco ́s night Club), and the Casino ($) located at the Majestic Elegance/Caribbean Street (drinks included).
- 7 restaurants, 5 of them a la carte open only for dinner, unlimited visits allowed, reservations required only in the Le Gourmet which is adults only (teens +12yrs allowed but not children younger than 12), or the Ma+suri (only for the Teppanyaki tables). Dress code applies.
- At least one restaurant is open 24/7
- Room Service included between 7:00am to 11:00pm in superior room categories (Majestic Jr. Suite (Swim up), Jr. Suites Ocean View with Jacuzzi, Colonial Jr. Suite Ocean Front (Outdoor Jacuzzi) and One Bedroom Suites with Jacuzzi. From 11:00pm until 7:00am available with extra charge. For the Junior Suite with Jacuzzi room category fee applies ($).
- House wine (red, white, rose plus Champagne) with meals and at the bars.
- Wine cellar on property with a wide variety from around the world. ($)
- Convention Center for up to 600 people, supplements may apply. ($)
- Amazing Spa with humid area, massage rooms and beauty parlour. ($)
- Spacious Gym with a complete variety of equipment, air conditioned and plasmas TVs
- Golf located just 5min away by golf car from the hotel main Entrance, called Punta Blanca golf course. ($) Majestic Colonial – Family Section: 1 Green Fee per adult per 5 night stay Majestic Colonial – Colonial Club: 2 Green Fees per adult per 5 night stay. Golf cart is mandatory and is not included, approximate rate is $45.00 USD per person. Green fees non-transferable. Individual play only.
- Theatre for shows and entertainment. Day and night entertainment in different locations of the resort.
- Total number of Pools through the resort (7). Opening hours 8am to 6pm.
- One 400m/1312 ft length river style swimming pool with swim up bar.
- 2 Jacuzzis integrated within the swimming pool.
- 2 Patio Lounges (Lower Lobby Bar)
- Swimming pool for children located near the swim up bar plus three additional pools one with slides in the Splash kids club.
- Umbrellas, towels and lounge chairs at the beach and the swimming pool.
- Wedding Programs Available. Various locations including: Catholic Church, Gazebo (Beach and tropical gardens), Presidential Suite.
- Onsite Wedding Coordinators, full customization available. ($)
- Gazebo for weddings. ($) Catholic Church on site offering mass weekly and Catholic Weddings.
- Caribbean Street located between the 3 Resorts offering: boutiques, pharmacy, minimarket and Photoshop, cigars store, souvenirs, clothes. ($)
- Splash Club for children supervised. (Age 4-14yrs) with swimming pools, including slides and playground.
- Teenagers’ game area with pool tables, mini soccer, ping pong, mini foot, French balls, darts.
- Business Centre with Internet access ($), books, Games.
- 4 Tennis courts, lighting for night play included, tennis pro on staff offering lessons ($)
- Basketball Court, and running track around both hotels.
- Health Centre (24 hrs). ($)
- Laundry Service. ($)
- ATM machine, located in lobby for withdrawals in Dominican Pesos only. Major credit cards accepted.
- Courtesy showers for early/late departures located in the lobby.
- Guest Service Team located at the lobby for special assistance or requests.
- Representative’s desk from the tour operators.
- Water sports centre located at the beach ($). The following non-motorized water sports are included complimentary, windsurf, catamaran, snorkel equipment, kayaks, boogie boards.
- Scuba diving lessons in the swimming pool.
- Live Music at the plaza bar each evening (see schedule upon arrival)
- Live piano music at the Lobby bar each evening and tea-time service (see schedule upon arrival)
- Bell boy service
- ($) Indicates that supplements will apply.
Groups & Events:
- The Conference Centre Majestic, with more than 10,764 sq ft and 6 function rooms provides capacity for up to 600 people and features state-of-the-art technical equipment to effortlessly run a range of events from conferences & product launches, seminars and exhibitions to Theme Nights and Gala Diners. Professional and friendly conference staff will take care of every aspect of your event on site and will provide logistic consultation.
- Stress disappears as soon as you step off the plane in Punta Cana and see the thatched (grass) roof on top of the airport. But don’t let this native look fool you, the newly renovated airport boasts air conditioning in many sections, and is very easy to navigate. Plus, there’s lots of friendly staff around to help you.
- After you exit customs, continue along the hallway and you will be greeted by the kiosks of the various tour companies. Majestic has their own transportation. At their desk, they will take your information and lead you right out to the vans that will take you to Majestic Colonial Punta Cana. It is very easy and efficient.
- Majestic Colonial Punta Cana is 15 miles north of the Punta Cana airport and currently driving time is under 30 minutes, and you will get a lovely view of the Punta Cana countryside along the way.
The Fine Print:
- Check in: 3:00pm / Checkout: 12:00pm
- Minimum age to check in is 18 years old
- Photo ID and a credit card or cash deposit at check-in for incidental charges
- No Pets allowed
- Credit cards accepted are Visa/Mastercard/Amex
- Special requests are based on availability and cannot be guaranteed.
- Please note, rooms accepting extra guests such as children or triple/quad occupancy, in some room categories may constitute additional bedding being brought into the room, which are subject to availability at the time of arrival.