Why Go To: Couples Sans Souci
Couples Resorts Jamaica has announced its plans to renovate the 150-suite, all-inclusive Couples Sans Souci resort located in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. The $7 million project will begin May 1, 2020, and is scheduled for completion in late October. The property will close completely on May 1 and partially reopen July 1.
The renovations will include:
Seventy-eight suites and the Hibiscus Cottage, Balloon Bar Terrace, reconfiguration of the Band Gazebo, Balloon Bar, Casanova Restaurant and Kitchen, Bella Vista Restaurant, relocation of tennis courts near Sunset Beach and lobby updates.
Also, a little birdie told us “They will soft launch the Beachfront Rooms July 1.”…..that means possibly some ‘new room’ bugs (??)….we’ll keep you posted!
If you love cliff-side villas and picturesque-views, Romance, Beauty, and Grace,…
…then Couples Sans Souci is for you.
A rejuvenating wonderland of mineral pools with spa treatments overlooking the sea. This resort is the place to go for tranquility.
The sounds of Jamaica are everywhere as strolling musicians create an atmosphere of total relaxation.
Explore 35-acre acres of lush landscape finding your own secluded hideaways for stolen moments.
Relax, Rekindle, Renew………
Fun Things To Do:
- Look for the sea’s secrets in your Glass Bottom boat
- Conquer Dunn’s River Falls
- Drink up at Margaritaville
- Rejuvenate at the Oasis Spa
- Put your Game Face on with a “Battle of the Sexes” challenge
- Shop til you Drop at Island Village
- Burn some calories at a state-of the-art fitness center with a full gym and lots of exercise activities
- Golf every day at Upton Golf & Country Club
- Facebook, Instagram, and Tweet as much as you want with free WiFi nearly everywhere at the resort
All rooms/suites feature these standard amenities, additional amenities and features per room type are shown in the room type descriptions below.
- Ocean Views for every Suite
- Free WiFi in your room and anywhere at the hotel
- IPod/MP3 Player
- Plush King Beds
- Fully stocked mini bar with premium liquors and wines
- Private balcony or patios with seating and outdoor tables
- Glichrist & Soames bath products
- Nightly turndown service
- Satellite TV and LCD screen
- Deluxe Ocean Suite - Spacious suites with covered seating area and view of the Caribbean Sea
- Deluxe Ocean Verandah Suite - Spacious master bedroom suite with oversized balcony and overlooking the Caribbean Sea
- One Bedroom Ocean Suite - Spacious master suite with separate living room, oversized balcony, and panoramic views of Caribbean Sea
- One Bedroom Beachfront Suite - Spacious master suite with separate living area, oversized balcony and bathroom steps from the sand and Caribbean Sea
- Penthouse Suite - Spacious luxury suite with separate sitting area, oversized balcony and bath, and pristine views of the Caribbean Sea
- Prime Minister's Penthouse Suite - Over 1200sq of living space await in this spacious suite with separate sitting area, powder room, oversized balcony and bath and spectacular views of the Caribbean Sea
- Hibiscus Cottage - Exclusive cliff-side seclusion in this luxury cottage with master suite, separate living room, outdoor infinity-edge Jacuzzi, oversized balcony and bath, overlooking the Caribbean Sea
- Casanova – Near the Lobby – Dinner – Elegant International cuisine from 6:30pm – 9:30pm, Reservations required. Closed Tuesday and Fridays
- Palazzina – Near the Lobby – Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner - Bistro Fare, reservations required. Closed Tuesday and Friday for Dinner
- Sunset Beach Grill – Near the Beach – Lunch - All day grill favorites 12:00pm – 5:00pm and again from 11:00pm to 6:00am
- Bella Vista – Near the Beach – Dinner – 6:30pm – 9:30pm, reservations not required. Closed Tuesday and Friday
- Room Service Dining available from 6:00am to 11:00pm
- Private Dining on the Beach ($)
- Balloon Bar
- Swim up Pool Bar (main)
- Sunset Bar (au naturel)
- Beach Bar (main)
- Swim up Pool Bar (au naturel)
- Nightly Activities including live bands and performances at the Balloon Bar from 8:45pm
- Shows on the Main Stage from 7:15pm
- After Party at Sunset Beach Bar from 11:00pm
- Sunset Hour at the au naturel beach from 5:00pm
- Bocce Ball
- Lighted Tennis Courts, complimentary lessons
- Seaside, air conditioned, Fitness Center with cardio and weight machines
- Unlimited Golf (transfers and green fees included. Mandatory cart and caddy at a nominal charge).
- Game Room
- Pool Table
- Private aerobics room featuring step aerobics, yoga, spinning, and Pilates by certified professionals from Fit Bodies, Inc.
- Ping Pong
- Dance Lessons
- 4 Swimming Pools including a mineral pool with rejuvenating minerals
- Natural Mineral Springs
- Glass-Bottom Boat Ride
- Hobie Cat sailing
- Free Catamaran Cruise
- Water Skiing
Oasis Spa – open daily 9:00a – 6:00p
- Awarded Best Caribbean Spa by Travel + Leisure
- Massages, reflexology, seaweed wraps, body scrubs, and beauty services
- Cliff-side Private Cabanas available for treatments
- Natural Mineral Springs known for its rejuvenating benefits
- Private Beach for au naturel sunbathing
- Tour Excursion to Dunn’s River Falls
- Unlimited Golf (transfers and green fees included. Mandatory cart and caddy at a nominal charge)
- Free WiFi in your room and in most public areas around the hotel
- Premium liquors and wines
- Free Catamaran Cruise
- Free Glass Bottom Boat Tour
- Oasis Spa ($)
Groups & Events:
- Couples Sans Souci is happy to host your next group function! Up to 300 people can fit comfortably in the facility area by the pond, 80 people can fit comfortably on the main lawn, and 55 people can fit comfortably in the conference area. Weddings and vow renewals are welcomed as well as reunions, anniversaries, graduations, fundraisers, appreciation dinners, and holiday parties.
- From the Airport: After you pass through customs, turn to the left, and head to the Couples Resort Lounge, grab a cold one, and check-in for your complimentary shuttle from Montego Bay (Sangster International) Airport. Note, be sure your flight information has been received prior to arrival
To get to Couples Sans Souci in Ocho Rios from Montego Bay takes approximately 90 minutes.
But no worries, you may make a pit stop at a local jerk shop to stretch, use the facilities, and try a favorite local dish.
The Fine Print:
- Check in: 4:00pm / Checkout: 11:00am
- Photo ID and a credit card or cash deposit at check-in for incidental charges
- Pets are not allowed
- This resort is for adult (18 and over) couples only. Singles, triples, and children are not allowed
- WiFi is free and available in most of the public areas
- Credit cards accepted are Visa/Mastercard/Amex
- Special requests are based on availability and cannot be guaranteed.