Why Go To: Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya
NOTE: The Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya is now closed.
It’s slated to re-open in the 1st Quarter of 2020 as the all-new Margaritaville Island Reserve Riviera Cancun by Karisma.
Yep, that’s a mouthful!
What does it mean?
It means a new, family-friendly, elegant but decidedly casual beach resort with the high quality of gourmet food and impeccable service that you’ve come to expect from any Karisma property, combined with the fun atmosphere of the Jimmy-Buffett-inspired Margaritaville brand.
In short, yes….a Cheeseburger in Paradise. 🙂
And that guaranteed-to-put-a-smile-on-your-face “it’s 5 o’clock somewhere” attitude.
Fun Things To Do:
- Share a couple's massage with your significant other
- Enjoy a mother-daughter pamper day at the Vassa Spa
- Jump into a Scuba lesson at the pool
- Take a Cooking lesson, taught by a world-class international Chef
- Join (or start) a rowdy game of beach volleyball
- Find your nirvana in a Yoga class
- Learn about the various Tequilas at a Tequila tasting
- Your kids will LOVE hanging out at the Azulitos Playhouse by Nickelodeon with SpongeBob SquarePants, Dora the Explorer and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
All rooms/suites feature these standard amenities, additional amenities and features per room type are shown in the room type descriptions below.
- Air Conditioning
- Daily stocked mini bar (water, beer, light beer, soft drinks)
- Coffee Maker or Coffee/Tea Maker
- DVD player
- iPod docking station
- Hair Dryer
- Amenity Kit
- Safety deposit box
- Direct dialing telephone
- Satellite TV
- 24 hour room service
- Deluxe Room - 1 King Size Bed (or 2 double beds) plus all standard room amenities.
- Junior Suite - Oversized terrace and a private marble bathroom with telephone, hydro jet jacuzzi, shower with rainforest shower head.
- Swim Up Junior Suite - Oversized terrace and a private marble bathroom with telephone, hydro jet jacuzzi, shower with rainforest shower head.
- Azul Suite - Each suite is equipped with a double-size hydrojet tub, Aromatherapy menu, Pillow Menu, 6 full size premium bottles and mixers, bathroom shower with "rain style" shower head, double sinks, breakfast area, sofa/lounge area.
- Ocean Front Jr. Suite - Each suite features an oversized terrace, private marble bathroom with telephone, hydro jet jacuzzi, shower with rainforest shower head.
- Ocean Front Swim-up Jr. Suite - Each suite features an oversized terrace, private marble bathroom with telephone, hydro jet jacuzzi, shower with rainforest shower head.
- Honeymoon Suite - These oversized suites feature a private king size bed area and a separate area with single sofa bed and sitting area, two 32" plasma TVs, private marble bathroom with hydro jet jacuzzi, telephone, shower with rainforest shower head.
- Honeymoon Swim Up Suite - These oversized suites feature a private king size bed area and a separate area with single sofa bed and sitting area, two 32" plasma TVs, private marble bathroom with hydro jet jacuzzi, telephone, shower with rainforest shower head.
- Wedding Suite - These oversized suites are specially designed for brides, and include a private vanity area with make up station, lounge chair and sitting area, private marble bathroom with hydro jet jacuzzi and telephone, and a shower with rainforest shower head.
- Wedding Swim Up Suite - These oversized suites are specially designed for brides, and include a private vanity area with make up station, lounge chair and sitting area, private marble bathroom with hydro jet jacuzzi and telephone, and a shower with rainforest shower head.
- Blue International Restaurant - In this casual restaurant, you will find cuisine from around the world. Traditional Mexican dishes are a highlight at breakfast, while family-style offerings and gourmet sandwiches are a specialty at lunch. At dinner, there is an international menu plus five separate menus – the all-lobster menu (yes, it’s all included), South Beach Diet, vegetarian, low carb/low fat, and chef’s choice menus.
- Chil Restaurant - Oceanfront views and a taste of the tropics are the highlights of Chil. Fresh seafood, local produce and regional recipes are menu stand-outs. Mexican flavors and Caribbean flair make this dining option memorable.
- Roma Restaurant - Features a spectacular open granite kitchen offering world renowned Northern Italian dishes prepared on the spot by our International Chefs that turn each meal into a culinary experience itself. Roma is marked by having friendly family service and celebrated wines in an elegant ambiance, with food prepared from the freshest ingredients and full of genuine Italian flavors served in generous portions.
- Tainan - Tainan is the name of the ancient capital of Taiwan, renowned for its splendid food, taste and exotic creativity. The food of Tainan offers to guests the opportunity to satisfy the palate with spectacular Asian-inspired cuisine that is served in generous portions. Among the dishes that are known far and wide are sashimi, Pacific Rim, Wok specialties and sushi river bar and succulent main courses prepared using the finest authentic ingredients.
- Latino Restaurant - This bistro is a vibrant celebration of food, energy and music, culinary preparations from the Southern tip of the Americas up to the Northern part of Mexico, Refreshing and unpretentious, Latino is the perfect place for family celebration with enticing meals including an impressive kids menu.
- 24 Hours Room Service
- NOTE: Dress Code Required in all gourmet restaurants - “casual elegant”: Ladies: Capri pants, dresses, skirts, long pants, shoes, dress, sandals. Gentlemen: Formal bermuda shorts, long pants, collared shirts, dress sandals, casual shoes or dress sandals.
- Agavero Tequila Lounge - Take your pick from more than 30 specialty tequilas in this Pancho Villa-era lounge. The vintage Mexican bar has a frozen top to keep your tequila at the perfect temperature. The Añejo, Reposado and Blanco style tequilas are served straight, mixed and frozen. Try a traditional margarita or a tequila martini. Open til 1 a.m.
- Aquanox Bar - This bar is renowned for its hanging double lounge beds lining the outer edge overlooking the Caribbean and pool. Grab one with your partner and swing with the tropical breeze. It’s a great place to watch the nightly entertainment. During the day, sit on sunken bar stools on the pool side of the bar under the shade of the soaring thatched roof.
- Chil Bar - What could be more relaxing than getting thatched on the roof of this bar next to the pool and enjoying your favorite international libation?
- La Mancha Energy Bar - This is really cool. Order an exotic fruit juice, smoothie, iced tea, cappuccino or espresso at this cheerful corner bar. If you want a snack to hold you over, there are Caribbean sandwiches, jumbo cookies and ice cream. The huge fudge brownies disappear fast! Pick up Gourmet Gerber baby food here too.
- Live entertainment nightly in the Mood Evening Entertainment Theatre.
- Bocce Game
- Hiking/Biking Trails
- Cooking Lessons
- Darts Tournament
- Salsa Dance Lessons
- Ping Pong & Pool
- Spanish Lessons
- Tequila Tasting
- Yoga Classes
- Golf ($)
- Pool Volleyball
- Water Polo
- Water Aerobics
- Parasailing ($)
- Personal motorized watercraft on-site ($)
- Fishing ($)
- Scuba Diving ($)
Vassa Spa - open daily
- Spa/Wellness Center, featuring a large array of treatments including:
- Body Treatments
- Aromatherapy Treatments
- Massages on Beach
- Body Wraps & Scrubs
- Hydrotherapy Treatments
- Manicures and Pedicures
- Hot Tub(s) / Whirlpool(s)
- Hydrotherapy Area
- Steam Room
- Fitness Center/Gym
- Beauty Salon Services
- Babysitting Services ($)
- Beach Party
- Boogie Boarding
- Car Rental ($)
- Catamarans ($)
- Children's Activities
- Currency Exchange
- Entertainment (daily)
- Entertainment (live)
- Fax Service ($)
- Fishing ($)
- Internet Service ($)
- Laundry Service ($)
- Limousine Services ($)
- Massage Services ($)
- Medical Services ($)
- Pools (5)
- Scuba Diving ($)
- Scuba Diving (lessons)
- Spa Services ($)
- Tour Desk ($)
- Yoga (classes)
Groups & Events:
- Azul Beach Hotel features over 4,100 square feet of meeting/convention space, 3 meeting rooms, a banquet room, and hi-tech gear for presentation.
- Azul Beach Hotel is 20 minutes from Cancun Airport.
- Ground transport is waiting outside the airport exit. If you do not see your ride just stop by the Transportation Kiosk and you will be guided to your transportation.
- All guests have the option of paying for alternate transportation to the Resort
The Fine Print:
- Check in: 3:00pm / Checkout: 12:00pm
- No Pets or Service Animals allowed
- Photo ID and Credit Card or Cash Deposit Required at check-in for incidental charges
- Special Requests are based on availability and are not guaranteed