Why Go To: Azul Beach Resort The Fives Playa del Carmen
Located just 10 minutes from charming Playa del Carmen, Azul Fives Hotel is noted for its enormous suites designed for families and friends with up to three bedrooms and rooftop decks.
Activities and special experiences foster togetherness for families, couples and groups of friends…..and yet adults will still find plenty of opportunities for privacy and romance.
The 571-suite hotel offers the renowned Gourmet Inclusive® concept (and yes, the food is amazing!), as well as flexible meal plan options to suit all agendas and dietary needs, and is famous for its family friendly atmosphere!
Private barbecues highlight family activities, the exclusive Family & Friends Vacation Planner coordinates family reunions, and the Kid’s Club sponsored by Nickelodeon® caters to children. Rooftop Weddings inspire soon-to-be-married couples. The 24-hour room service and full-service concierge ensure memorable vacations.
Fun Things To Do:
- Parties on rooftop terrace
- Beach parties with entire family
- Dinner and drinks on the balcony
- Swim up bar socializing
- Couples massage on the beach
- Exploring Playa del Carmen
- Play a round at the nearby golf courses
All rooms/suites feature these standard amenities, additional amenities and features per room type are shown in the room type descriptions below.
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Access via exterior corridors
- Air conditioning
- DVD player
- LCD TV
- Complimentary bottled water
- Ceiling fan
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Climate control
- Coffee/tea maker
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room massage available
- Premium TV channels
- Private bathroom
- Cable TV service
- iPod docking station
- 1 Bedroom Resort Residence - The 1 Bedroom Resort Residence boasts a separate living room with modern furnishings, double-size pull-out sofa bed, modern kitchen complete with full size refrigerator, microwave, oven and stove, and dining table for four (4). The private master bedroom is furnished with a king-size bed, his & hers sinks, a walk-in rainfall shower, private toilet cabin, essential and premium bath amenities including deluxe bathrobes. Each 1 Bedroom Resort Residence also features an outdoor terrace or balcony off the living room and bedroom with a garden or pool view. Max Occupancy: 2 adults + 2 children
- 1 Bedroom Swim-Up Resort Residence - The 1 Bedroom Swim-Up Resort Residence boasts all the comfort of a regular Resort Residence including a stylish living room with modern furnishings and decor, double-size pull-out sofa bed, full-size kitchen complete with refrigerator, microwave, oven and stove, and a dining table for four (4). It also features a private master bedroom with a king-size bed, his & hers sinks, a walk-in rainfall shower, a private toilet cabin, essential and premium bath amenities including deluxe bathrobes. The highlight of each 1 Bedroom Swim-Up Resort Residence is the swim-up, where you can enjoy direct access to the pool right from your first-floor terrace. Max Occupancy: 2 adults
- 1 Bedroom Penthouse Resort Residence - Experience the height of luxury with the exclusive 1 Bedroom Penthouse Resort Residence. Penthouse Resort Residences are located on the top floors of each building and feature a private rooftop lounge that lounge doubles the living space of the 1 Bedroom Resort Residence, and offers an "al fresco" hangout with a half bathroom, patio dining area, pergola, built-in barbeque grill, Jacuzzi®, chaise lounges and a relaxing Bali bed. Inside, the 1 Bedroom Penthouse Resort Residence boasts a separate living room with modern furnishings, double-size pull-out sofa bed, modern kitchen complete with full size refrigerator, microwave, oven and stove, and dining table for four (4). The private master bedroom is furnished with a king-size bed, his & hers sinks, a walk-in rainfall shower, a private toilet cabin, essential and premium bath amenities including deluxe bathrobes. Max occupancy: 2 adults + 2 children
- 2 Bedroom Penthouse Resort Residence - This 1,710 square feet 2 Bedroom Penthouse Resort Residence is the ideal option for families or groups traveling together, while still having the privacy of 2 separate bedrooms. In addition to all the features and lavish amenities of a 2 Bedroom Resort Residence including a modern living area and full-size kitchen, the penthouse provides a private rooftop lounge, carefully designed for your group’s entertainment and relaxation – all within an exclusive setting. The rooftop lounge doubles the living space of the 2 Bedroom Resort Residence and provides a chic 'al fresco' lifestyle including a half bathroom, patio dining complete with a table for six, a pergola, barbeque grill, Jacuzzi®, chaise lounges and a canopied daybed. Max occupancy 2 Bedroom: 4 adults + 2 children
- 3 Bedroom Resort Residence - Has been designed for families or friends gathering in mind, it caters perfectly to special events. This residence offers all of the amenities of 2 Bedroom Resort Residence with the addition of a third bedroom. The third bedroom is furnished with the same amenities of the second bedroom with two double beds or a king size bed (not guaranteed). Rooms can be connecting or joined by an entry hall based on availability. Max occupancy: 6 adults + 2 children
- 3 Bedroom Penthouse Resort Residence - Experience the height of luxury with our exclusive Penthouse, this room category provides the same amenities described for Three Bedroom Resort Residence located on the top floor. Max occupancy: 6 adults + 2 children
- Arezzo Restaurant – No Reservations. Open air Italian with unobstructed views to the island of Cozumel, featuring freshly made pastas and pizzas, a selection of grilled seafood, poultry and meats, and an extensive wine menu. Dinner 5:30pm – 10pm.
- Flavours Restaurant – Main Buffet restaurant, no Reservations. World Cuisine. Views of the Jungle, Cenote and River. Breakfast 6:30am – 12:00pm. Dinner 5:30pm – 10:30pm.
- Koh Thai Restaurant – No Reservations. Features popular classics such as Pad Thai, Green Curries and Coconut Soup, along with contemporary wok creations. Dinner only, 5:30pm – 10:00pm.
- La Brasserie - No Reservations. French Bistro Cuisine. Offers the choice of a buffet or a la carte menu, french classics. Breakfast 7:00am - 10:30am. Dinner 6:00pm - 10:30pm. Brunch on Sundays 10:30am - 12:00pm.
- Oka Sushi Bar - No Reservations. Fresh sushi, sashimi and tempura, also Sake and Japanese beers. Dinner only, 6:00pm - 10:30pm.
- Oriola Beach Club Grill – No Reservations. On the beach light meals featuring salads, ceviches, tacos, burgers, pizza, and more. Lunch only, 12:00pm – 5:00pm.
- Mestizo - No Reservations. Located in the Essence section, Mestizo offers a wide range of grilled items including a vast array of Gourmet Burgers. Breakfast 7:00am - 10:30am. Lunch 12:00pm - 3:30pm. Dinner 6:00pm - 10:30pm.
- Sea Olive Restaurant – No Reservations. Mediterranean and Mexican Fusion Cuisine served seaside. Ocean views. Lunch 12:00pm – 3:30pm. Dinner 5:00pm – 10:00pm.
- "Gourmet Corners" - Lighter fare:
- Palmas – Pool swim-up bar serves light bites and sandwiches. Menu service 11:00am - 5:00pm, Bar service 10:00am - 6:00pm.
- Natural - Smoothie bar with signature Frappés, health drinks and home-baked treats. Open 7:00am - 7:00pm.
- La Taqueria - Variety of traditional Mexican Tacos. Open 12:00m - 4:00pm.
- Lizards Poolside Bar - A selection of light bites, hamburgers, sandwiches and kebabs. Menu service 11:00am - 5:00pm, Bar service 10:00am - 6:00pm.
- 24 Hours Room Service - Restrictions apply during rainy days.
- Resort Dress Code: Casual Elegant for all Gourmet Restaurants
- Ladies: Capri pants, dresses, skirts, long pants, shoes or dress sandals
- Men: Bermuda shorts, long pants, collared shirts, dress sandals or casual shoes
- All bars are adults only. Some are located inside restaurants.
- Zky Bar – Lounge with views across the Caribbean.
- Nineteen Ten (1910) - Mexican Cantina.
- Club 82 - Wine bar located on top floor of The Fives Plaza.
- The Gin Bar - Yep, you guessed it - serves a wide variety of gins.
- Lizards – Pool Bar & Terrace with food.
- Palmas – Swim up bar with food.
- Manglar Bar – Poolside bar.
- Natura – Exotic juices & Smoothies.
- Live Music
- Kids Activities
- Catamaran Supper Cruise ($)
- Organized Pool & Beach Activities
- Piano Players
- Beach Party
- Bocce Game
- Hiking/Biking Trails
- Cooking Lessons
- Darts Tournament
- Salsa Dance Lessons
- Beach Volleyball
- Yoga Classes
- Golf ($)
- Pool Volleyball
- Water Polo
- Water Aerobics
- Parasailing ($)
- Personal motorized watercraft on-site ($)
- Fishing ($)
- Scuba Diving ($)
Vassa Spa - open daily
- 10 Treatment Rooms plus Beachfront sky massages in elevated palapas
- Body Treatments
- Couples Treatment Room
- Aromatherapy Treatments
- Massages (indoors or on beach)
- Body Wraps and Scrubs
- Hydrotherapy Treatments
- Fitness Center
- Manicures and Pedicures
- Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival. Use the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Arcade/game room
- Tennis on site
- Business center
- Children's club
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Full-service spa
- Hair salon
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Health club
- Luggage storage
- One meeting room
- Laundry facilities
- Multilingual staff
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Supervised childcare/activities
- Children's pool
- Use of nearby fitness center (complimentary)
- Wedding services
- Shopping center shuttle (surcharge)
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Spa services on site
Groups & Events:
- Azul Fives Hotel offers 4,300 Sqft Conference Space for up to 345 persons, a Banquet Room and hi-tech gear for presentations
- Azul Fives Hotel is 45 minutes from Cancun Airport.
- Ground transport is waiting outside. If you do not see your ride just stop by the Transportation Kiosk and you will be guided to your transportation.
- All guests have the option of paying for alternate transportation to the Resort.
The Fine Print:
- Check in: 3:00pm / Checkout: 12:00pm
- Photo ID and Credit Card or Cash Deposit Required at check-in for incidental charges
- No Pets or Service Animals allowed
- Special Requests are based on availability and are not guaranteed