Why Go To: Moon Palace Cancun / The Grand at Moon Palace
If you love sprawling, lavish, and luxurious mega-resorts with tons of activities and loads of restaurant choices, then Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort is for you.
Located in the south Cancun, the Moon Palace resort is conveniently close to the airport, shopping and local attractions, but also offers plenty of fantastic nightlife including shows, concerts, nightclubs, and bars—all under one roof.
Great fun for the whole family with attention to older kids (climbing wall, teen lounge, the coolest WaveRider in Mexico), lots of pools, a great beach, and plenty of restaurant choices means everyone will find something to be very happy about!
Those looking for an uber-luxe experience can stay at Moon Grand — an upscale resort located right in the middle of the Moon Palace resort — with it’s own bars, pools, and restaurants (and a soon-to-open water park!) — while still enjoying full access to all of the Moon Palace facilities. Note that exchange privileges are not reciprocal – Grand guests enjoy full access to all of Moon Palace, but Moon Palace guests must pay additional $ to access facilities at the Grand.
Fun Things To Do:
- Swim and interact with 8 dolphins at the Dolphinarium
- Ride the waves on the FlowRider Double (pool wave machine)
- Take a leisurely stroll in the (2000 foot long!) white sand beach
- Test your skills on the 21 ft. Climbing Wall (9:00am – 6:00pm for everyone 12 and older, reservations required)
- Tour the Mayan Ruins
- Enjoy a fun shopping excursion in town
- Burn some calories at a state-of the-art fitness center with a full gym and lots of exercise activities
- Go for birdie at the Jack Nicklaus Signature Moon Golf Course
- Rejuvenate at the Moon Spa
- Keep everyone informed via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
All rooms/suites feature these standard amenities, additional amenities and features per room type are shown in the room type descriptions below.
- Free WIFI
- Liquor Dispenser
- Private Balconies
- Marble Bathrooms
- In Room double Jacuzzis
- Mini bar; sodas, bottled water, juices & domestic beer
- Red wine upon arrival
- LCD TV w/ satellite
- Turndown Service
- Purified water
- DVD players in all Presidential & Golf Suites
- Ceiling fans in Golf Villas
- Farouk® Biosilk bath amenities / Bathrobe and slippers
- Additional amenities for Concierge level
- Bathroom scales in Presidential & Golf Suites
- Digital Safe (laptop size)
- Iron/Ironing board, air conditioning, hair dryer, telephone
- Deluxe Resort View - 1 King or 2 doubles with view of the gardens. Max occupancy 4 adults including kids and infants.
- Junior Suite Golf Course - King bed only with great views of the course. Max occupancy 2 adults.
- Superior Deluxe Garden View - 1 King or 2 doubles with tropical views. Max occupancy 4 adults including kids and infants.
- Superior Deluxe Ocean View - 1 King or 2 doubles with view of the ocean. Max occupancy 4 adults including kids and infants.
- Superior Deluxe Ocean Front (Nizuc) - King bed only with great views of the ocean. Max occupancy 2 adults.
- Concierge Level - King bed only with upgraded amenities and great views of the ocean plus Exclusive Concierge phone service and private check in (subject to availability). Max occupancy 2 adults.
- Wellness Suite - Non-smoking room with 1 king bed or 2 double beds and a Pool or Garden view. Daily refreshed minibar contains additional healthy drink options and room service menu catered to healthy meals, with a selection of low calorie, gluten free, organic products & high protein meals. Also direct access from room terrace to private pool (pool access only for guests booking the Wellness Suite); Access to aqua spinning bikes; Exclusive beach bag (one per room, per stay); Personal trainer; Two in-room pool towels; Wellness Sports Kit which includes yoga mat, fitness jump rope & dumbbells; Daily ante meridiem service of fruit and juice placed on the balcony; Bath salts for in-room hydrotherapy use with the double whirlpool tub & 100% natural soaps also provided. Max occupancy 4 adults.
- Ambassador Suite - King bed only with upgraded amenities and great views of the ocean. Max occupancy 2 adults.
- Family Deluxe Garden View - 2 Bedroom suites with king bed and two doubles with view of lagoon. Also comes with Nanny. Max occupancy 6 guests allowing 4 adults + 2 children.
- Grand Deluxe Resort View - **In the GRAND Section. 1 King or 2 doubles with view of the gardens. Max occupancy 4 adults.
- Grand Deluxe Suite Garden View - **In the GRAND Section. 1 King or 2 doubles with view of the gardens. Max occupancy 4 adults.
- Grand Swim-up Suite - **In the GRAND Section. 2 double beds with view of the gardens and a private pool. Max occupancy is 4 guests, including children.s
- Grand Family Deluxe - **In the GRAND Section. 2 bedrooms, 1 with a king bed and 1 with 2 double beds with upgraded amenities and view of the gardens. Max occupancy is 6 guests, allowing 4 adults + 2 children..
- Grand Presidential Suite ** - **In the GRAND Section. The epitome of extravagance and elegance. Expansive quarters lavishly accommodate up to 6 guests, including children and infants. Features two adjoining rooms with private baths with showers, a dining and bar area, a spacious living room area, and a comfy furnished terrace overlooking a stunning ocean view. **NOTE: This suite is usually reserved for members and availability is limited - book early if you want this suite.
- El Manglar: central lobby. Breakfast & lunch: International buffet Dinner: Italian buffet **
- Arrecifes: central lobby. Dinner: Brazilian Steakhouse a la carte **
- Los Caporales: central lobby. Dinner: Mexican a la carte *
- Palapa Delfines: poolside restaurant & bar. Lunch: Grill a la carte ** Dinner: Grill buffet
- Palapa Pelicanos: poolside restaurant & bar. Lunch: International buffet. Dinner: Sushi a la carte **
- Lobby Bar: snacks, bar & live music, (10am-1am)
- Sweet & Coffee: coffee, crepes, pastries (6am-1am)
- La Gondola: adjacent to lobby bar. Dinner: Italian buffet **
- Momonohana: adjacent to lobby. Dinner: Oriental a la carte *
- Bugambilias: central lobby. Breakfast & lunch: International buffet. Dinner: Mexican buffet **
- Palapa Fragata: poolside restaurant/bar Lunch: International buffet Dinner: Seafood buffet **
- Palapa Barracuda: poolside restaurant/bar Breakfast & lunch: International buffet Dinner: Steakhouse a la carte **
- Lobby Bar: bar, snacks & live music (10am-1am)
- Los Columpios Bar: 10am-11pm, sushi bar 6pm-11pm
- Lounge Bar: beach bar w/sushi appetizers, 6pm-11pm
- Andromeda Disco: disco & bar: (10:00pm-3am)
- GOLF CLUB:
- La Trattoria (reservations required) Breakfast & lunch: International buffet Lunch: International buffet Dinner: Italian a la carte *
- Bambu: Dinner: Oriental a la carte *
- 19th Hole Bar: bar & snacks (6am-11pm)
- THE GRAND:
- Grand Buffet - Breakfast: 6:30am - 11:30pm, Lunch: 12:30pm - 4:30pm, Dinner: 6pm - 11pm.
- Habibi - Lebanese cuisine - Buffet-style breakfast and dinner, lunch is a la carte. 7am - 11am (breakfast), 12:30pm - 4pm (lunch), and 6pm - 11pm (dinner).
- Cielito Lindo - Mexican cuisine - Traditional dishes prepared from locally sourced, fresh ingredients. Breakfast: buffet, dinner: a la carte (Breakfast: 7am-11am, dinner: 6pm-11pm).
- Tavola - Italian cuisine - Zesty Italian dishes thoughtfully prepared with authentic ingredients. Open for dinner only, 6pm to 11pm.
- Jade - Asian cuisine - A la carte, dinner only 5:30pm - 11pm.
- Caribeno - Caribbean cuisine - Breakfast buffet 7am - 11:30am, lunch buffet 12:30pm - 4:30pm, and dinner a la carte 6pm - 11pm.
- JC Steakhouse - Steak and grilled specialties, dinner only from 5:30pm to 11pm.
- Cusco - Peruvian cuisine - Breakfast buffet 7am -11:30am, lunch buffet 12:30pm - 4:30pm, dinner a la carte 6pm - 11pm.
- Los Tacos - Casual Mexican - Lunch and dinner a la carte, 12noon - 11pm.
- Beach Club - Beachside bar & snacks, open 10am - 10pm.
- Selva - Outdoor snack bar on the Grand Terrace, service a la carte 12noon - 6pm.
- Le Chateau - French/European cuisine - Note: Additional fees apply for this restaurant. A la carte restaurant serving dinner only from 5:30pm to 11pm.
- * Long pants, collared shirts & shoes required
- ** Wet Clothes or uncovered swimwear not allowed
- Palapa Delfines
- Palapa Pelicanos
- Lobby Bar (2)
- Palapa Fragata
- Palapa Barracuda
- Los Columpios Bar
- Lounge Bar
- Andromeda Disco
- 19th Hole Bar bar & snacks
- El Caribeno
- Terraza Lounge Bar
- Swim-Up Bar (2)
- Pool & Snack Bar (2)
- Nightly Shows/Entertainment
- Live Music
- Frequent concerts with popular musicians
- Andromeda Disco & Bar
- Wired Lounge just for teens
- 16 Bars/lounges
- Themed events like Casino, Circus, and Fire show
- Movie night
- 18-Hole Miniature Golf
- Climbing Tower
- Meditation Garden
- Beach Volleyball
- Teen Area
- Lighted Tennis Courts (6)
- Andromeda Disco & bar
- Children’s playground
- Jogging trail
- Basketball courts (2)
- Pool Table, table tennis, table games
- Spa ($)
- Beach Soccer
- State-of-the-art Fitness Center (2)
- Yoga and Pilates
- Golf ($)
- 7 outdoor pools including 2 freestyle pools
- 6 Jacuzzis
- Water sports marina
- FlowRider Experience (surfboard pool experience)
- 2 kids pools including a kids splash zone water park
- Scuba instruction lesson
- Water skiing
- Pool Volleyball
Moon Spa: - open daily from 9:00am – 7:00pm
- 39 treatment rooms available
- Amazing hydrotherapy circuit including hot and cold plunge pools, pressure showers, and herbal steam room (Free on the same day with any spa treatment 8:00am – 8:00pm)
- Spa and beauty packages available for a whole day of bliss
- Up to $2500 in resort credit (per room/per nights booked)
- Beautiful Beachfront location
- Kids Club (ages 4 – 12)
- Live nightly entertainment
- Premium liquors and wines
- 16 restaurants to enjoy
- Wired Lounge just for teens
- Moon Spa ($)
- Free Unlimited calls to Mexico, Continental US, and Canada
- 30 minutes of free internet when using resort computers (per room/per stay)
- State-of-the-art fitness center with cardio and weight machines (2)
Groups & Events:
- With a 43,855 sq. ft. Convention center with a maximum capacity of: 2,830 - banquet style, and a 55,850 sq. ft. Universal center with a maximum capacity of 3,760 - banquet style Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort will fit any corporate meeting, wedding, reunion, graduation or special occasion.
- Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort is only 10 minutes south from Cancun International airport so getting there is quick and easy.
- After you exit customs and come out the double glass doors, walk all the way down the air conditioned hallway. You will see tons of greeters with smiling faces, but don’t be fooled…they all want to sell you a time share. These are not the greeters you want. Simply nod and keep walking all the way down the hall to the next set of double glass doors that will take you outside to the ground transportation area. Form here, you will look for AmStar Transportation that will set you up with the transfer van to take you to Moon Palace.
The Fine Print:
- Check in: 3:00pm / Checkout: 12:00pm
- You must pay taxes on the resort credit used
- Photo ID and a credit card or cash deposit at check-in for incidental charges
- Pets are not allowed
- Unlimited Phone Calls within Mexico, Continental US, and Canada
- Free WIFI in rooms and throughout the resort when using your own laptop, and 30 minutes of free internet service when using resort computers (per room/per stay)
- Credit cards accepted are Visa/Mastercard/Amex
- Special requests are based on availability and cannot be guaranteed.