Why Go To: Playacar Palace
If you like to be close to a town (Playa del Carmen), and have all the fun you can handle, then Playacar Palace is for you.
This resort also has one of the nicest beaches of all Palace Resorts.
Kids have a blast at Playacar Palace with an interactive kids club (ages 4 – 12) and also fun activities for the teens, and for adults it’s close to a great shopping district, historical ruins, beautiful beaches, and exciting nightlife, and offers 3 Gourmet restaurant choices (with no reservations required) and premium drinks at all the bars.
Plus it’s only steps away from a quick ferry ride to Cozumel where you can snorkel along the second largest reef in the world (and enjoy exchange privileges with Cozumel Palace Resort), and golfers will love that the Playacar Golf Club is recognized as one of the top in the world with its course designed by Robert Van Hagge.
If you’re looking to get married, like all the Palace Resorts, Playacar Palace has beautiful wedding packages available (including a complimentary wedding package) to begin your lives together in style.
Fun Things To Do:
- Go see the Mayan Ruins
- Slip ‘n Slide at Wet ‘n Wild Park
- Take a leisurely stroll along the white sand beach
- Walk into the fun town of Playa del Carmen and take in the sights
- Shop til you drop along 5th Avenue
- Take a ferry ride over to Cozumel
- Enjoy a tour around the resort
- Relax at the Playacar Spa
- Keep everyone informed via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
All rooms/suites feature these standard amenities, additional amenities and features per room type are shown in the room type descriptions below.
- Turndown Service
- Free WIFI
- Liquor dispenser with vodka, whiskey, rum, and tequila
- Mini bar; sodas, bottled water, juices & domestic beer
- Red wine upon arrival
- LCD TV w/ satellite
- Purified water
- CHI bath products
- Additional amenities for Concierge level
- Bathroom scales in Presidential Suites
- CHI hair dryer and flat iron
- Bathrobes & slippers
- Digital Safe (laptop size)
- Iron/Ironing board, air conditioning, hair dryer, telephone
- Deluxe Resort View - Large rooms with either 1 king or 2 doubles with a view of the gardens. Max occupancy 4 including children and infants.
- Superior Deluxe Partial Ocean View - Large rooms with either 1 king or 2 doubles with a partial view of the Caribbean Sea (some have no balcony). Max occupancy 4 including children and infants.
- Superior Deluxe Ocean View - Large rooms with either 1 king or 2 doubles with a view of the Caribbean Sea. Max occupancy 4 including children and infants.
- Honeymoon Suite - Large oceanfront suites with separate sitting area and extra-large balcony. King bed only with max occupancy of 2 adults.
- Concierge Level - Upgraded amenities and liquor as well as two 25 minute massages. King bed only with max occupancy of 2 adults.
- Sand Suite - Direct access from your oceanfront cabana to the beach. Upgraded amenities featuring 1 king or 2 double beds. Max occupancy 4 adults.
- Governor Suite - Large 723 square feet suite with separate sitting area and oversized balcony. View of the ocean features king bed only with a max occupancy of 2 adults.
- Café Del Mar: adjacent to pool area Breakfast: International buffet Lunch: Mexican buffet Dinner: Mexican a la carte **
- Terraza: adjacent to pool area Dinner: Italian a la carte *
- Momo No Hana: adjacent to pool area Dinner: Oriental a la carte *
- 24-Hour Room Service Available
- * Long pants, collared shirts & shoes required
- ** Wet Clothes or uncovered swimwear not allowed
- Cielo Bar: located in the lobby (10am - 1am)
- Luna Lounge: lounge bar with Thai hors d’oeuvres (6pm - 1am)
- Aqua Bar: pool swim-up bar with snack service (10am - 6pm)
- 3 Bars including a swim up pool bar
- Live Music
- Nightly Shows/Entertainment like the Circus and the Fire Show
- Frequent concerts with popular musicians
- Movie night on the beach
- Kids Club (4 – 12)
- Giant Chess
- Beach Volleyball
- Learn to speak Spanish
- Tennis (nearby)
- Bocce Ball
- Pool Table, table tennis, table games
- Beach Soccer
- Learn to Salsa and Merengue
- State-of-the-art Fitness Center
- Yoga and Pilates
- Golf ($)
- Huge Outdoor Pool with a swim up pool bar and a separate kiddie section
- Pool Volleyball
- Pool Basketball
- Water Aerobics
- All non-motorized watersports are offered at Beach Club Maroma (free transportation but make reservations with Vacation Planners)
- Water bikes
Playacar Spa: - open daily from 8:00am – 9:00pm
- 11,000 square foot facility of wood and stone for a tranquil setting
- Full menu of massages, facials, body scrubs, and beauty services available
- Spa packages for a whole day of pampering for anyone 18+
- 24-Hour Room Service
- Concierge Service
- Up to $2500 in resort credit (per room/per nights booked)
- Live nightly entertainment
- Playacar Spa ($)
- Beautiful Beachfront location
- Doctor on call 24 hours
- Premium liquors and wines
- 3 restaurants to enjoy
- Free Unlimited calls to Mexico, Continental US, and Canada
- Free WIFI (if you bring your laptop or mobile device)
- 30 minutes of free internet when using resort computers (per room/per stay)
Groups & Events:
- With 3,330 square feet of meeting space in the convention center, and seating up to 220 people, Playacar Palace is the ideal location for your corporate meeting, special occasion, wedding, or reunion.
- Playacar Palace is 45 minutes from the Cancun airport…but it can take up to an hour depending on traffic, so please be patient and relax if this is the case. The traffic only slows in a couple of spots.
- After you exit customs and come out the double glass doors, walk all the way down the air conditioned hallway. You will see tons of greeters with smiling faces, but don’t be fooled…they all want to sell you a time share. These are not the greeters you want. Simply nod and keep walking all the way down the hall to the next set of double glass doors that will take you outside to the ground transportation area. Form here, you will look for AmStar Transportation that will set you up with the transfer van to take you to Playacar Palace.
The Fine Print:
- Check in: 3:00pm / Checkout: 12:00pm
- You must pay taxes on the resort credit used
- Photo ID and a credit card or cash deposit at check-in for incidental charges
- Pets are not allowed
- Unlimited Phone Calls within Mexico, Continental US, and Canada
- Free WIFI in rooms and throughout the resort when using your own laptop, and 30 minutes of free internet service when using resort computers (per room/per stay)
- Credit cards accepted are Visa/Mastercard/Amex
- Special requests are based on availability and cannot be guaranteed.