Why Go To: El Dorado Royale
The El Dorado Royale is a sprawling 450-acre resort that has it all….from secluded, romantic privacy to fun and frolic it it’s jungle setting on the mile-long unspoiled Punta Brava beach.
There are swim-up rooms, Jacuzzi Suites, oceanfront view suites and lots of luxurious appointments. Slip into the lazy river from a Swim Up Suite or slip into something comfortable and dine on your furnished balcony. Enjoy the perks that this luxury Adults-Only resort offers.
If you like to walk, run, bicycle or skip each morning to get a little exercise, join the group who is taking a lap around the entire 450 acre resort path. Enjoy a leisurely stroll or go for a fully soaked shirt. Whatever suits you. And don’t forget, this Resort shares the same real estate with El Dorado Casitas Royale so you have lots to explore.
As a Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ “Top 100 Hotels in the World” and a “AAA Four Diamond Resort”, you can expect El Dorado Royale to provide the ultimate in service in the ultimate setting.
Experience “Gourmet All Inclusive” dining at 8 exceptional restaurants or relax in your own elegant suite that includes 24-hour room service and a private Jacuzzi.
Fun Things To Do:
- Play a round at the Playacar Golf Club
- Tour the on-site greenhouse, where most of the resort's fruit & veggies are grown
- Shopping in downtown Playa Del Carmen
- Unwind in the Turkish Bath at Naay Spa
- Enjoy the DJ playing requests after Theater Shows
- Learn something new at the Fueventes Cooking Show
All rooms/suites feature these standard amenities, additional amenities and features per room type are shown in the room type descriptions below.
- Indoor Jacuzzi for 2
- Radio/Alarm Clock
- Ceiling Fan
- Air Conditioning
- Safety Deposit Box
- Private bath or shower
- 32" flat screen television
- Ironing board and iron
- Coffee/Tea Maker
- Furnished terrace or balcony
- Daily housekeeping
- Junior Suite - Garden views, indoor Jacuzzi, 1 king bed or 2 double beds. Max Occupancy: 3 guests
- Luxury Junior Suite - Water views, in-suite Jacuzzi, private balcony or terrace, 1 king bed or 2 double beds. Max Occupancy: 3 guests
- Oceanfront Junior Suite - Caribbean Sea views, indoor Jacuzzi, 1 king bed. Max Occupancy: 2 guests.
- Swim Up Junior Suite - Garden and pool views, Step into lazy river from suite, indoor Jacuzzi, 1 king bed. Max Occupancy: 2 guests
- Beachfront Junior Suite - Lots of upgrades and perks, indoor Jacuzzi, personal concierge service, pool butler service, 1 king bed. Max Occupancy: 3 guests.
- Swim Up Junior Suite - Many upgrades, indoor Jacuzzi , lazy river off terrace, 1 king or 2 double beds. Max Occupancy: 3 guests.
- Royal Suite - Ocean views, in-room Jacuzzi, Butler/Concierge Service, upgraded mini-bar, 1 king bed. Max Occupancy: 2 guests.
- Royal Swim Up Suite - Lazy river outside suite, upgraded mini-bar, in-room Jacuzzi, pillow menu, butler/concierge service, 1 king bed. Max Occupancy: 2 guests.
- Two Bedroom Presidential Suite - Master bedroom with king bed, 2nd bedroom with 2 double beds, living room, dining room, private swimming pool, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzis and lots of lavish perks. Max Occupancy: 6 guests.
Dining: (12 (including El Dorado Casitas Royale's))
- 8 restaurants across the El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale complex, plus 4 "Gourmet Corners" for ligher fare. Dress codes apply, please see below.
- D'Italia (Casitas) – No Reservations. Open Air Gourmet Dinner A la Carte from 5:30 pm – 10:00 pm.
- Cocotal – No Reservations. International tastes. Continental Breakfast 6:30 am – 7:00 am. A la Carte Breakfast 7:00 am – 11:00 am. Gourmet Dinner A la Carte served nightly from 5:30 pm – 10:00 PM.
- D'Italia (Royale) – No Reservations. Contemporary and Romantic Italian specialties for Dinner from 5:30 pm – 10:00 PM.
- Kampai – No Reservations. Pacific Rim Sushi Menu. Open for Breakfast 7:00 am – 11:00 am. Lunch and Dinner 12:30 pm – 10:00 pm.
- Santa Fe Grill - No Reservations. International cuisine, southwester flavors. Breakfast 7:00 am - 11:00 am, Dinner 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- La Isla - No Reservations. International cuisine. Breakfast 7:00 am - 11:30 am, Lunch 12:30 pm - 3:30 pm, Dinner 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Rincon Mexicano - No Reservations. Authentic Mexican cuisine. Lunch 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm, Dinner 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Jo Jo's Caribbean Seaside Grill – No Reservations. Sandwiches, salads, burgers, and seafood in the breeze. 11:30 am – 10:00 pm.
- Gourmet Corners:
- La Cabana Pizzeria: Open from 12.00noon – 5.00pm. Wood burning oven pizzas served to order, and a selection of Angus burgers, gourmet bites among other succulent Mexican "botana" preparations.
- Healthy Corner: Open from 8.00am – 4.00pm. Serving juices, smoothies, fresh fruits, and whole-wheat sandwiches.
- Rincon Mexicano: Open from 12.00pm - 5.00pm. Authentic Mexican delicacies.
- LAS OLAS: Open from 12.00 to 4.00 pm. Serving various Saldas and Sandwiches
- Fuentes Culinary Theater – Reservations required. Interactive Open-Air Kitchens with Mexican specialties and wine pairings. Only one daily sitting starting with a welcome cocktail at 7:00 pm followed by the dinner and show at 7:30 pm.
- 24 Hours Room Service - Restrictions apply during rainy days.
- Dress Code: "Casual Elegance" (all restaurants)
- Ladies: Capri pants, dresses, skirts, long pants, shoes, dress sandals.
- Gentlemen: Bermuda shorts, long pants, collared shirts, dress sandals, casual shoes.
Bars: (5 standard plus 3 swimup bars)
- Bellini's - Lounge bar
- Martini's – Chic Lobby Bar
- Las Guacamayas – Swinging Chair Bar
- Gaviotas – Seashore Bar
- Beach Bar (more swings!)
- Discover an enchanting evening entertainment with fabulous Disco Nights, Shows, Mexican Live music, DJ’s and more.
- Drop by the famous Disco where you can enjoy nightly entertainment as well as inviting dance music.
- Join a fine conversation with other guests at the Martini Bar while enjoying a great variety of cool Caribbean cocktails.
- Bicycle Riding
- Air Rifle Shooting
- Beach Volleyball
- Bocce Game
- Cooking Lessons
- Darts Tournament
- Latin Dance Lessons
- Mini Golf
- Kayak Tour
- Kayak Towing
- Mini Boat Race
- Pedal Boats
- Pool Volleyball
- Water Aerobics
- Water Polo
- Water Olympics
- Fishing ($)
- Scuba Diving ($)
Naay Spa (2 Spas, 1 at Casitas and 1 at Royale) - open daily
- Beautiful Mexican Themed Spa (1 at Royale, 1 at Casitas)
- Water Journey pool
- Steam Room
- Spa Treat Rooms
- Fitness Center
- Boutique Spa Shop
- Bridal Suites
- Full Service Salon
- Body Wraps
- Temezcal Rituals
- Manicures and Pedicures
- Activities Desk
- Banquet Room
- Beauty Salon
- Bicycle Rentals (complimentary)
- Business Center ($)
- Car Rental Desk
- Conference Rooms
- Currency Exchange
- Dive Center ($)
- Doctor (on call) ($)
- Fitness Center
- Gift Shop
- Golf (nearby) ($)
- Hospitality Desk
- Internet Service ($)
- Juice Bar
- Laundry Service ($)
- Medical Services
- Meeting Room
- Pool & Beach Butler Service
- Poolside Grill
- Spas (2)
- Tour Desk
- Tours & Excursions ($)
- Wedding Coordinator
- Wedding Site
Groups & Events:
- El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale (complex) offers 25,000 square feet of meeting space, including 5 conference rooms, outdoor space, and hi-tech gear for presentations.
- El Dorado Royale is 25 quick minutes from the Cancun Airport.
- Ground transport is waiting outside. If you do not see your ride just stop by the Transportation Kiosk and you will be guided to your transportation.
- All guests have the option of paying for alternate transportation to the Resort.
The Fine Print:
- Check in: 3:00pm / Checkout: 12:00pm
- Adults Only Resort - Minimum Age for Guests is 18
- Photo ID and Credit Card or Cash Deposit Required at check-in for incidental charges
- No Pets or Service Animals allowed
- Special Requests are based on availability and are not guaranteed