Why Go To: El Dorado Maroma
30 New Palafitos – Overwater Bungalows – Now Open!
Experience the elegance and Over-The-Water romance!
Speaking of romance,
Want to cook up – the perfect romantic vacation?
- Start with an intimate hideaway located on silky soft Maroma Beach (one of Travel Channel’s “Top 10 Beaches in the World”),
- Add in an idyllic and opulent Palafitos Overwater Bungalow suite, (the first in Mexico or the Caribbean)
- Stir in sexy gourmet meals (from winners of “Award of Excellence” from Wine Spectator Magazine),
- Liberally sprinkle in incredible service and luxury amenities,
- Turn up the heat……..
What pops out is the El Dorado Maroma, a secluded beachfront resort in an enchanting setting for those looking to relax and rediscover each other, and winner of “Best Hotel for Romance” award by TripAdvisor travelers.
With gorgeous Caribbean surroundings and a powder-soft white sand beach, this intimate resort with just 128 suites is perfect for romantic getaways, destination weddings, and sensational honeymoons. You’ll discover tons of activities at El Dorado Maroma. Sport fishing, snorkeling, diving, kayaking and sailing are all offered just a few steps down the beach at Marina Maroma Paradise.
Enjoy weekly events, like an authentic fish market where guests select their own fish and have it grilled right on the beach.
El Dorado Maroma offers opportunities for a romantic vacation like no other.
Fun Things To Do:
- Charter fishing ($)
- Lounging on the baby powder sand beach
- Room Service meal & drinks on balcony
- Relaxing with music or a movie in-suite
- Playacar Golf Club
- Catch a show on-site
- Excursions into Playa del Carmen or Cancun
- Bike rides are a blast
- Cuddling just about anywhere
All rooms/suites feature these standard amenities, additional amenities and features per room type are shown in the room type descriptions below.
- Cable TV/Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Separate sitting and dining area
- Ceiling fan
- Air conditioning/Climate control
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary bottled water
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- DVD player
- Flat-panel TV
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Complimentary newspaper
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Mi Hotelito Beachfront Suite - Surrounded by the unique beauty of the Caribbean nature, our romantically decorated suites offer a king size bed, oversized terrace just steps away from the beach and direct access to the pool and bar "24", these suites are the perfect setting for any romantic getaway. Max Occupancy 2 Adults.
- Jacuzzi Junior Suite - Offering a quiet and tranquil atmosphere, with footstep access to the pool and a swim up bar, and in-suite Jacuzzi. Max Occupancy 2 Adults.
- Honeymoon Suite - Honeymoon Suites offer the utmost in contemporary styling and luxury. Enjoy a separate living room, king size bed, private deck, in-suite Jacuzzi and private outdoor shower. Max Occupancy 2 Adults.
- Infinity Pool Jacuzzi Suite - These suites offer a private terrace with a day bed for two and an infinity plunge pool, as well as an in-suite Jacuzzi. Max Occupancy 3 Adults.
- Swim Up Jacuzzi Suite - These suites feature a large terrace complete with day bed for two and access to a lazy river that connects to the main pool and swim up bar just a step off your terrace, plus unique private outdoor shower and an in-suite Jacuzzi. Max Occupancy 3 Adults.
- Royal Suite - These suites feature a separate living area, liquor cabinet, private outdoor shower, in-suite Jacuzzi, and a large terrace with day bed, table and chairs facing the ocean. King Size bed. Max Occupancy: 2 adults.
- Royal Swim Up Suite - Step right off of your fully-furnished oversize terrace into the lazy river that flows past your room to the main pool and swim up bar. Enjoy a separate living area, liquor cabinet, private outdoor shower, in-suite Jacuzzi, and King Size bed. Max Occupancy: 2 adults.
- Presidential Studio - Surrounded by lush, tropical gardens and just a few steps away from the pool and beach, enjoy the comfort of your living area or bedroom in these luxurious and spacious (1,200+ sq. ft.) suites. Max Occupancy: 2 Adults.
- Villa - Enjoy all the comforts of home with all the amenities of El Dorado Maroma, along with expansive garden views, in these designer-influenced townhomes. Lose yourself in more than 1,900 square feet of beautifully appointed living space, including a complete gourmet kitchen. The open floor plan boasts a marble bar stocked with premium liquor, beer and wine, and a terrace with access to your private tropical garden and pool. Max Occupancy: 2 Adults
- 1 Bdrm Presidential Beachfront Villa - These sumptuous villas offer all the comforts of home, along with breathtaking ocean views and more than 1,600 square feet of luxurious living space. These suites feature expansive ocean views, an oversized terrace with additional sitting area and an outdoor beach bed where you can watch the sunrise or enjoy the sunset. The master bath includes our signature private outdoor shower. You’ll also enjoy your own pool, just steps from the powder sands of Maroma Beach, and a Jacuzzi for two. Max Occupancy: 2 Adults
- 5 Bedroom Villa Maroma - With a breathtaking ocean view, five spacious bedrooms and an abundance of amenities, Villa Maroma is the ultimate luxury escape. This 10,500 square foot, two-level beachfront home blend seamlessly into a 200’ expanse of Maroma Beach. Featuring five bedrooms, three with king-size beds and two with 2 double beds, a spacious living room, a fully-equipped gourmet kitchen, a dining room, a private Jacuzzi by the terrace and a spectacular pool. Guests enjoy the care of a dedicated staff including a 24-hour butler service, executive chef to assist with your meals, groundskeeper, gardener, pool attendant, 24-hour security guards and an on-call masseuse. Max Occupancy: 10 adults
- Palafitos Overwater Bungalow - These incredible over-water bungalows feature a king bed, glass floors, ladder for ocean access, outdoor shower, romantic Jacuzzi for two, private infinity pool and oversized deck with lounge chairs, reading material and blankets. Max Occupancy: 2 Adults
- Elite Palafitos Overwater Bungalow - These preferred-location, over-water bungalows feature a king bed, glass floors, ladder for ocean access, outdoor shower, romantic Jacuzzi for two, private infinity pool, selection of premium liquors and snacks, snorkel equipment and oversized deck with lounge chairs, reading material and blankets. Guests staying 5 nights or more can enjoy a moonlit dinner in the comfort of their private terrace. Max Occupancy: 2 Adults
- Papitos Gourmet Beach Club – No Reservations. Interactive open kitchen designed with themed lunch menu. Breakfast 7:00 am – 11:00 am. Themed lunch 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm.
- Sabores – No Reservations. Fresh Mexican and Caribbean dishes. Breakfast 7:00 am – 11:00 am. Pizza 11:00 am – 4:00 pm. Lunch 12:00 pm – 5:30 pm. Dinner 5:30 pm – 10:00 pm.
- Kiyoko – No Reservations. Asian inspired with private table for two or tepanyaki for everyone. Dinner 5:30 pm – 10:00 pm.
- Mio Cuccina Italiana – No Reservations. Romantic Italian dishes. Dinner 5:30 pm – 10:00 pm.
- Lima Limon – No Reservations. Peruvian cuisine. Dinner 5:30 pm – 10:00 pm.
- Chakay – No Reservations. International cuisine. Breakfast 7:00 am - 12:00 pm, Lunch 12:00 pm - 5:30 pm, Dinner 5:30 pm – 10:00 pm.
- Caribbean Grill – No Reservations. Mexican/Caribbean cuisine. Dinner 5:30 pm – 10:00 pm. PLUS
- 24 Hours Room Service - Restrictions apply during rainy days.
- NOTE: Resort Dress Code, required in all restaurants:
- Ladies: Capri Pants, Dresses, Skirts, Long Pants, Shoes or Dress Sandals
- Men: Formal Bermuda Shorts, Long Pants, Collared Shirts, Dress Sandals or Casual Shoes
- Not Permitted: Swim trunks, bikinis, swimsuits, tank tops, sleeveless shirts, sport shorts, baseball caps or hats.
- Bar 24 – Swim Up Bar
- Chakay - Swim Up Bar
- Sabores Terrace – Oceanfront Bar
- Rick's Bar
- Disco Nights
- Live Shows
- Poolside Singers
- DJ Music Show and Dancing
- Sunset Cruise with music
- Downtown Clubbing
- Live Bands
- Air Rifle Shooting
- Bocce Ball
- Cooking Classes
- Latin Dance Lessons
- Mini Golf
- Ping Pong Pool
- Spanish Lessons
- Tennis Lessons
- Tequila Tasting
- Meditation/Relaxation/Yoga Classes
- Water Aerobics
- Scuba diving trips, certificates, rental equipment and deep-sea fishing available at Marina Adventures (located next door) ($)
- Motorized watersports: Available at Marina Adventures (located next door) ($)
Naay Spa - open daily
- The Naay Spa at El Dorado Maroma is small but still offers a variety of treatment options, be sure to book ahead due to their more limited capacity.
- Steam Room
- Spa Treatment Rooms (just a few), offering a variety of massages, facials, scrubs, and body wraps
- Outdoor Sky Massage (for couples too)
- Fitness Center (small but with state-of-the-art equipment)
- Boutique Spa Shop
- Full Service Salon
- Manicures and Pedicures
- Aerobics (aqua)
- Bar (swim-up)
- Beauty Salon ($)
- Boat Rentals ($)
- Currency Exchange ($)
- Doctor (on call) ($)
- Exercise Classes
- Fitness Center
- Gift Shop ($)
- Golf (nearby) ($)
- Hospitality Desk
- Internet Service ($)
- Laundry Service ($)
- Medical Services ($)
- Multilingual Staff
- Ping Pong
- Pools (outdoor) (3)
- Poolside Beverage Service
- Poolside Meal Service
- Restaurants (7)
- Safe Deposit Boxes (in room)
- Snack Bar
- Spa ($)
- Steam Bath
- Tour Desk ($)
- Tours & Excursions $ ($)
- Valet Service
- Volleyball (beach)
- Watersports (non-motorized)
- Wedding Coordinator
- Wedding Site
Groups & Events:
- El Dorado Maroma is designed more for romance than business, but has adequate space for adults-only weddings and celebrations. It's Villa Maroma, with it's capacity for 10 adults, makes it ideal for small executive retreats or adults-only family gatherings.
- El Dorado Maroma is 40 minutes from Cancun Airport.
- Ground transport is waiting outside the airport exit. If you do not see your ride just stop by the Transportation Kiosk and you will be guided to your transportation.
- All guests have the option of paying for alternate transportation to the Resort
The Fine Print:
- Check in: 3:00pm / Checkout: 12:00pm
- Adults-Only resort - minimum age for guests is 18
- No Pets or Service Animals allowed
- Photo ID and Credit Card or Cash Deposit Required at check-in for incidental charges
- Special Requests are based on availability and are not guaranteed